Tuesday, April 23, 2013

WDIWT...4/23/13

Mother Nature needs to get it together, it's late April and it was 30 degrees when leaving the house, with the high today being an awesome 51 degrees...it's late April!

Keeping this in mind I went with some thicker than usual fabrics for the trousers than this time of the year would usually call for. I threw on a sweater, while I originally had planned to wear a Navy cotton blazer, considering the weather I didn't feel it would be warn enough, as it is unlined. Originally was going to wear a Navy v-neck but then quickly realized I was wearing my students' school uniform. I picked up this deep purple sweater over the weekend at the Banana Republic outlet for a great price, $11 and keeping in mind some of the outfits my wife put together for me a couple of weeks back, I went with the mixing of light and dark colors.

Purple can be a risky color, so make sure it's not Barney purple or a purple so light it is borderline pink, unless that's what you're going for.

Details:
Sweater: Banana Republic Deep Purple Merino Wool V-Neck via Banana Republic Factory Store-$11
Shirt: Gap White/Light Blue/Pink Check Shirt via Gap Factory Store-$15
Trousers: Arizona Cotton Twill Khaki Trousers via JCP.com-$5.45
Socks: Cole Haan Multi-Stripe Black/Purple/Violet Socks via Marshalls-$10 for a 3 pack
Shoes: Florsheim Imperial Cognac Wingtips via eBay-$25
Total: $46.45

Full Outfit

The Shoes & Socks

Details & True Colors

No comments:

Post a Comment