Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Packing for a Week, Only using Carry On...

So last summer, I ended up packing up what I need for a week away from home in only a carry-on, frankly I packed for 4 weeks and 3 trips with only a carry on. Now let me state a couple of things prior too going on, that for 2 of the weeks of the 4 I spent at my parent's so I had access to a washer and dryer and a couple of additional clothing items. For example, I didn't pack sneakers since I knew I had a few at home. The first 4 days were spent in Vegas, the next 2 weeks in LA, 1 week in Montego Bay and about 2-3 days in Orlando. Fortunately the climate in all of these places was similar, being summer and all. Granted I cheated a little bit as my wife packed a checked bag (she came to Vegas with me, went to a conference for 2 weeks in Chicago, Montego Bay and then Orlando) so I was able to pack a pair of sneakers and my swim trunks and gym stuff in that bag.

Nonetheless, my biggest tip is pack staple items or the basics, things that you can easily mix and match with other things in your wardrobe. I'll post a few pictures of what I took and explain why but first I'll include a list of what I did take; outside of toiletries and under garments.

1. Gray 2-Piece Suit
2. Navy Chinos
3. Khaki Chinos
4. Dark Jeans
5. Khaki Cotton Shorts
6. White/Navy Stripe Short Sleeve Dress Shirt
7. White/Navy Micro-Check Long Sleeve Dress Shirt
8. White Dress Long Sleeve Dress Shirt
9. Gray Short Sleeve Dress Shirt
10. White/Purple Micro-Check Long Sleeve Dress Shirt
11. Linen Blazer
12. White/Brown Dress Shirt
13. Light Colored Sweater
14. Dark Colored Sweater
15. Brown Loafers
16. Navy Tie
17. Violet Tie


Here is a picture of my feature on TSBmen last June, but this is something I packed (#6, 2, 11 & 15). I could easily pair the shirt with shorts, the navy chinos with any other shirt, etc.


From the same feature, but again something I packed; wanted to have the suit for dinner with my wife on vacation and not to mention I could wear the gray trousers as separates (#1, 7, 16,15). I could have easily switched this out for any of the trousers or jeans sans blazer or with one of those blazers.

If you look at the list these are all items that can be easily and hopefully almost effortlessly could be mixed and match to give you some diversity to what you packed for the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment