Monday, April 22, 2013

Parent/Teacher Conference WDIWT...4/22/13

This is the last Parent/Teacher Conference of the year and besides having the daily responsibility of dressing professionally, ensuring that you look professional on a day such as Parent/Teacher Conference is important. I've seen many cases where teachers simply don't care and wear whatever they feel. Respecting your profession, your students and the parents of those students is just as important as the knowledge you instill, dressing appropriately for it, is one way to demonstrate respect for the profession.

With today being supposedly the coldest day of the week, with the weather being in the low 50s, I decided to wear 2 of the 3 pieces of my Indochino Brown Bootlegger Tweed suit, with a peacoat over it when heading outside, which really is going from the house to the car, the car to work and work to the car. I paired with a blue micro-check shirt on white and navy tie with white polka dots. 3 of the pieces are custom, two aren't, showing that you can mix high and low.

Details:
Vest: Indochino Brown Bootlegger Tweed via Indochino-$80
Trousers: Indochino Brown Bootlegger Tweed via Indochino-$part of a suit deal voucher
Shirt: Michael Andrews Bespoke White/Navy Micro-Check Dress Shirt via Michael Andrews Bespoke-$210
Tie: Stafford Prep Navy/White Polka Dot via JCP-$6.50
Shoes: Florsheim Brown Spectator Captoes via eBay-$15

This is how I look like when I wake up at 5am and out the door by 5:45

The Devil is in the Details

I like blue and polka dots today (Also my 1 of my 2 favorite pair of shoes)


No comments:

Post a Comment