Friday, July 6, 2012

It's NOT All About the Name Brand

Yesterday my parents, brother and I were having a discussion on clothing and how people dress, mainly sparked by my feature on thestyleblogger.com. My brother mentioned how he has a co-worker that all he buys is high-end designer clothing; whether it's a t-shirt or a suit. A great point was made during the conversation by one of them that name brand doesn't equal quality. This is a really good point, plan and simple.

Too many people are stuck with the fact that if it is made by the many high-end designers that it must a great quality product. This isn't always the case. Many times a lot of these high-end brands manufacture their garments the same way many less expensive brands do. Merely they just stick their nice big high end brand on the garment and charge the high price. This for many keeps them from wanting to upgrade their wardrobe and start dressing better. Well it's not all about the name brand...

The basic, your typical collection of short sleeve shirts which I would say around 3-5 for the hot and warm seasons, 5-6 dress shirts, 3-4 dress pants, 1-2 dark jeans, a few sweaters, etc. do not need to be purchased at high end retailers. Personally I LOVE bargains and will gladly admit I am a bargain shopper. Brands that I recommend, Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and stores like Marshalls, Ross and H&M come highly recommended.

Next post...possibly tonight, I'll break down some of my looks from TSB and other of my own personal shots to demonstrate how you don't need a lot of money to look great. (Actually these may be many multiple posts)

No comments:

Post a Comment