Sunday, July 8, 2012

Black Chiseled Toe Loafers...for $20

I am not a big fan of black loafers, only owning two pairs...maybe three. The reason I'm not a fan is due to the fact that many companies who make black loafers make the huge big squared toe bulky shoes. It is very rare, at least in my opinion, to find a black loafer with a nice round toe or nice rounded chiseled toe.

Surprisingly, I found a pair, more surprising, where and the price. On a trip to Sears with my parents in LA (currently on Vacation visiting my family), I ran across these Thom McAn black loafers for $20! They were on sale for $20, original price $65. Now before someone goes on threads and say denounce these shoes because their cheap, let me just say, big deal. Look I know that these shoes are probably not crafted with the highest quality leather but frankly, since they are going to be one of my 20 plus pairs of dress shoes, they will last quite a long time due to the rotation I have. On a quick note, Thom McAn as a brand has been around for decades known for making some very good quality shoes, hopefully this is still the case, only time will tell.

Side note: I usually don't like tassel loafers either but these surprisingly enough were a great combination of chiseled toe, tassels and mod toe. Also I paid $0 for these since my dad was adamant about using his gift card to buy them for me.

Thom McAn, Size 10.5, No Flash.

Thom McAn, Size 10.5, Flash.


No comments:

Post a Comment