Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Alterations...are your BEST friend!

I just got three pants back from my mom's friend who has been tailoring for over 30 years. She always does great work and is reasonably priced. Luckily because she is very good friends with my mother, I was charged 0! Even then, she only charges $3-5 for hemming a pair of pants, lets be honest that's cheap. If you are interested and in the LA area (specifically LAX) leave a comment and I'll send you her way.

I had 3 pants taken in: 2 Jeans and 1 Chino. I had the jeans hemmed previously by someone else but still felt they were too long, same with the Chinos. I'll post pics tomorrow of how they fit now but here is how I had them hemmed or what I had in mind when I had them hemmed again, I should say. Chinos were cut to end right below the ankle, to show some sock/skin, my more slim fit jeans were cut with little to no break so that it's the pair of jeans I can wear in a more dressed up manner, and the looser jeans were cut just long enough to fall over a dress shoe or sneakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment