Saturday, April 19, 2014

Carmina Fitzgerald & Epaulet German Army Trainers

Epaulet New York ventured out of New York; with two locations one in Brooklyn and one in Lower Manhattan, last year and opened up a store in Santa Monica, CA. Unfortunately for West Coast menswear enthusiasts, Epaulet's Santa Monica location is closing it's doors today. In short, the location was a temporary lease and the owner wants to up their monthly payment to 3 times more than what they pay now if they want to extend the lease. I don't blame them for not extending the lease.

As part of their closeout sale all their merchandise is on sale, deep sale. Everything in-store with the exception of their Epaulet LA line is 50% off if you pay cash and 40% off with credit/debit, with EPLA 15% off. When I say everything, I mean everything. From their sports coats  by LBM 1911, to their Epaulet brand, Saphir creams, and whatever they have left from Carmina. Epaulet's version of the German Army Trainer (GAT) which retails for $275 are $100 today.

Not much was left when I arrived but enough to make it worth my while. For my friend Adrian I picked up the GAT in white/gray for the aforementioned price of $100. Made in Italy and the leather is butter soft. I have a wide foot, otherwise I would have purchased a pair for myself as well. My personal pick up were the Carmina Fitzgerald in French Calf on the Forest Last. Retailing for $545 on Epaulet's site, I walked out the door with my size 10UK for $275 (tax included). I was hoping for their loafers to be available but they had small sizes and one large size left. 

In addition and not pictured I bought a jar of Saphir renovateur, a medium brown creme and a Saphir polishing brush for $10 each.







No comments:

Post a Comment