Wednesday, October 9, 2013

WDIWT...10/9/13

I'm usually pretty satisfied with what I wear if not I wouldn't wear it but today I really, really liked the combination that I ended up putting together. I'm not trying to toot my own horn but as this was not what I originally intended to wear, the last minute change is one that worked out better than the original outfit planned. I originally was going to wear the full suit (matching pants to the jacket), same shirt, possibly a solid navy tie and my Meermin double monks. My wife and I usually have our clothes set out for the week during the weekend in order to minimize the time it takes to get ready.

Come the morning I really didn't feel like fully suiting up or moving stacks of boxes and getting the double monks plus putting on the tongue pads I've had lying there for them. Ultimately, laziness won and in a good way I think. Jeans and brown suede chukka boots replaced the suit pants and double monks that were planned, making for still a dressy yet casual look. I've gotten more compliments on this look today than the times I've worn a suit.

Details:
Jacket: Indochino Brown Tweed Jacket (part of a 3 piece suit) via Indochino-$449 (for full 3 piece)
Shirt: Michael Andrews Bespoke White/Navy/Brown Windowpane L/S Dress Shirt via Michael Andrews Bespoke-Free with Recent Michael Andrews Bespoke suit order; usually $210
Pocket Square: George White Cotton Pocket Square via Walmart-$3 for pack of 6
Lapel Pin: Macy's Red Dress Women's Heart Awareness Pin via Gift from a Student Last Year
Jeans: Old Navy "Slim" Fit via Old Navy-$2.50
Shoes: Banana Republic Brown Suede Chukka Boots via Banana Republic Factory Store-$38













No comments:

Post a Comment