Thursday, August 8, 2013

Today Was A Good Day...New Suit and Shoes Part I-New Suit

Received a package I was expecting and a package I wasn't until next week.

I ordered the Indochino 3 piece Essential Navy Suit in 100% wool. I already have a navy suit but it is a cotton/linen blend which is great for summer and spring but not so practical during the fall and winter. Indochino gets a lot of slack online for fitting issues primarily and for their fabrics and I still don't understand why.

This is my second suit from Indochino, my first being the brown tweed suit I've worn here and one of my favorite suits. The first time I did have to get the vest and jacket re-made (sent back to Indochino and had them remade by them) and the pants hemmed. This time it came out close to perfect, my only hesitation is the lining on the vest. I thought the navy was darker, such as it to match the fabric. Indochino's great customer service replied to my inquiry about this within 2 minutes, literally, and they have offered to remake it with the same fabric or if I choose to keep it they are offering me a free tie and pocket square.

Dropped the pants to be hemmed but the jacket is perfect and the vest if I keep might need to be taken in just a bit. The suit needs to be pressed as well but otherwise that's it. I recommend going with a one button jacket for a lower and much better button stance.





The lining in question:





No comments:

Post a Comment