Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WDIW...Yesterday

Yesterday was a pretty gray day in the city, along with some showers through morning to afternoon. Temperatures were in the low 60s, so with that in mind, I made sure that I was still warm as I don't know if the heat would be but not overly warm either in case the heat was on in the school. In addition I also wanted to wear my Michael Andrews Bespoke trousers that I picked up at the sample sale back in August for $20. Aside from one minor  and cheap alteration; hemming of the pants, they fit extremely well. Otherwise I kept it pretty simple.
Shirt: American Living Tie: Indochino Tie Bar: Banara Republic

The shirt is one of my new favorites and one that has been worn at least once a week due to its versatility; a white with mini purple check pattern with a semi-spread collar. The tie is a charcoal glen plaid pattern in wool. A wool tie with this current fall weather, not winter yet but cool enough, adds a nice bit of "heft" to the look. I also recently started to look for slimmer ties, about 2.5"vs. 3" and it makes a difference. I'm not a small guy so 2.5" is as small as I'll go while still keeping a proportionate look. FYI, the tie is from Indochino.

Shoes: Florsheim Imperial Trousers:Michael Andrews Bespoke

The trousers from the sample sale at MAB are an amazingly nice wool. I want to say they're flannel as it is extremely soft and has a weight to it that my other wool trousers from MAB do not have as they are a 4 season weight. The chalk stripe is a nice touch that helps elongate the legs. I think I'll be ordering the matching vest for these pants soon. This look would have been even better if I had the matching vest.

Details: Shirt-American Living via JCPenney ($9), Tie-Indochino via Indochino ($50), Tie Bar-Banana Republic via BR Factory Store ($2.50), Trousers-Michael Andrews Bespoke ($20 sample sale) and hemming ($5), Shoes-Florsheim Imperial Wingtips ($ Gift)

No comments:

Post a Comment