Friday, October 19, 2012

Layering...Button Down, V-Neck Sweater, Blazer

I wore this to a field trip this past week. We were going to be near the water and it was to be in the low 60s. I didn't want to wear a coat since it wasn't going to be so cold to warrant it but cold enough and breezy that a sweater alone wouldn't cut it. It's nothing new but I decided to throw on a blazer on top of my usual sweater and shirt combination and I think it looked pretty good. It actually has been one of my most complimented outfits, if not the most.

The look:
Shirt: Stafford (White/Pink/Black Check) via JC Penney's-$5.21
Pants: Gap Slim Fit Dark Denim Wash via Gap-$42 (after 30% off code)
Shoes: Florsheim Imperial Wingtips (Cognac)-Gift
Socks: Navy with Light Blue mini dots via H&M ($1.50)
Sweater: Camel V-Neck via Banana Republic Factory Store ($15)
Blazer: Michael Andrews Bespoke part of a suit
Pocket Square: Pierre Cardin via Marshalls ($.75)



When doing this here a couple of tips:
1. Make sure the sweater isn't too thick that it will make the blazer feel way too tight on you and simply uncomfortable.
2. The sweater should be a neutral color: light gray, camel, beige, navy, etc.
3. Keep it simple, especially the blazer. However, the simpler the blazer, the crazier the sweater.
4. More out there blazer, simpler sweater (check tomorrow for what I mean).

No comments:

Post a Comment