Saturday, October 13, 2012

Camo...The Latest Craze

The latest craze in Menswear is the infusion of camouflage aka camo into everything from trousers, shirts, shoes, etc. Just a week or two ago, the GQxGap collaboration released and one of the pieces was these slim cargo pants from Gap x Mark McNairy in camp. By the way follow my dude's Wisith tumblr, great fashion blog as well. I don't mind the camo craze but I know it's not for me, besides the fact that I don't think I can pull of camo pants, it's also something I don't see myself wearing often. As an educator and although there isn't a "strict dress code" at my school, we still dress professionally. Frankly a large dose of camo wouldn't, even slim cargo pants or in a slim fit, at least to me would not to me be professional. So what do you do?


Like I stated, I like the camo print but not in the large doses that we're seeing it, at least not for me. It is though something that I'd like to infuse into my wardrobe but a small dosage. Infuse it within your wardrobe in small amounts such as a pocket square. Michaels, out of all places has these cotton camo handkerchiefs that can double as pocket squares. They sure weren't intended to be used as pocket squares but fold it and stuff in your pocket and voila. They are cheap as well, $1.79 and with their weekly 40% or 50% off coupons; it can be as low as $.90 to $1. I paid $1.07 with tax.

No comments:

Post a Comment