Wednesday, September 12, 2012

WDYWT 9/12

Kept it simple and wore what money would consider "the uniform" for casual work-wear at a place that usually requires you to wear a suit. Since my school isn't necessarily the suit, shirt and tie place, what I wore today is considered still being "dressed-up" but in a casual way alas no tie. What do I mean by "the uniform" well I mean khaki pants and a navy blazer. Two great neutral colors that go well together and where almost any shirt can be thrown into the mix and still would look great. As I am a teacher I kept it conservative with a white and blue stripe Michael Kors cotton button down shirt.

Believe it or not the blazer is from Sean John. It is actually a nice cotton fabric with no sheen and peak lapels, I think my only blazer with peak lapels. My only gripe about it is that it has no chest pocket so no place for a pocket square. Other than that the OTR fit was pretty good.

Navy Blazer with Peak Lapels and cotton button down

Match your leathers or at least be in the same family

What I wore:
Shirt: Michael Kors ($10 Macy's)
Blazer: Sean John ($20 Macy's)
Trousers: H&M ($7.50)
Shoes: Vintage Florsheim Loafers ($35 eBay)
Bag: Coach (X-mas gift from wifey)

Total: $72.50

No comments:

Post a Comment