Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Boots Part 1: The Dress Boot

I was looking through some of my pictures on photobucket an noticed that I had quite a few pictures of the number of boots that I have and it gave me an idea for the next few posts for the blog. Part 1 I'll focus on dress boots.

Dress boots can really be quantified by a number of different types of boots. For example this can be anything such as chukka boot that has a more round toe shape like the one below or can be simple captoe boots or something even as nice as a wingtip boot. What makes these boots dressy is the fact that you can. The chukka boot can be put into its own category such as chukkas, but even with those the silhouettes vary and can be the difference between a dressy chukka or a casual one.

I love wingtips and frankly a wingtip boot is an awesome combination of boot utility and classic styling. I personally think dress boots should be worn in fall and winter when it's colder, should have rubber soles for those wet days and be waterproof for those same reasons. In addition, I believe a dress boot can be worn with a suit or any dress trouser one might have.

Below are some examples of some of the "Dress Boots" that I own, with prices and maker.

Pair #1-Dark Brown Wingtip Boots by Magnanni from Nordstrom Rack $180

Notice the shape of the boot, most wouldn't be able to tell they are boots when worn.

Pair #2-Black "High" Wingtips by Cole Haan from Cole Haan $150

A little taller than some would prefer but again, no one would be able to tell they're boots when worn.

Pair #3-Medium Brown Wingtips by Stafford from JC Penney $60

One could argue they are little too "rugged" looking to wear with a suit or trousers. However I think these could be pulled off easily with a navy blazer, white shirt, tie, and khaki pants.

Pair #4-Brown Suede Chukkas by Kenneth Cole (Made in Italy) from eBay for $50
Notice the shape, sleek and a rounded toe.

No comments:

Post a Comment