Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Gray and White Dress Shirts

First lets differentiate between dress shirts and button down shirts. A dress shirt is a shirt with a collar that has buttons among the placket, the collars usually come in everything from semi-spread collars, spread collars, tab, straight collar, etc. A button down shirt, is a shirt in where the collar buttons down to the shirt.

As someone that has too many dress shirts, well over 30 or 40, one of the color patterns that I have underestimated is the combination of white and gray or white with black (more gray than black). My wife got me my first white and gray shirt when she ordered me the 3 shirts from Indochino (which I need to post) and I've bought two more from different makers in the past couple of weeks. This Alfani one from Macy's is a great example of a subtle white and gray/black pattern on a dress shirt, which can be worn with plenty of trousers combinations and sweaters/blazers.

Price: $12 on clearance

No comments:

Post a Comment