Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Closer Look...

I showed a quick picture yesterday of my eBay pick ups but here is a much better look at both pairs.

The Bostonian Loafers are in really great condition and the leather is a very nice medium brown. The side of the sole could use some sole dressing but nothing major. The white is talcum powder, I put a little too much apparently as it got from my feet to the leather once I stepped out of them. (Note: I use talcum powder when wearing my loafers sock less). The patina on the shoes is also pretty nice.

Picture with Flash

Better example of the actual Brown

The Eduardo G. which apparently is a brand carried at Saks 5th Avenue after doing a little research, are a nice wingtip with a minimal amount of brogue-ing and leather overlays. The brown is also a very nice rich medium brown. Notice that shape of the toe, rounded toe that flows naturally with the shape of the foot.

Soft leather, very soft leather

Note: Both shoes have leather bottomed soles and are Goodyear welted.

No comments:

Post a Comment