Wednesday, December 11, 2013

WDIWT...12/11/13

Layered up big time today, v-neck sweater, blazer and a topcoat. It felt bulky but it kept me warm which is the important part. The pocket square in the topcoat isn't necessary but I felt that it was a nice touch. I've seen it done by a few of my friends as well.

Apparently I wasn't the only one with this idea of layering today. One of my co-workers did the same thing today, denim, v-neck sweater, blazer and a topcoat. The difference; all black but the v-neck. Granted much like me, we both spent most of the day out of the topcoat. Some ideas in menswear do translate into both genders. Additionally these boots have received a lot of wear lately for two reasons. One, the boot itself, sleek wingtip in brown leather and two the rubber soles. The best $40 I have spent.

Details:
Topcoat: J. Crew Thompson Camel via J. Crew Factory Store-$115 plus $25 in alterations (Sleeves)
Jacket/Blazer: Michael Andrews Bespoke Charcoal part of a 3 piece suit via Michael Andrews Bespoke-$$$
Sweater: Polo Light Gray V-Neck Sweater via Gift-Gift
Shirt: Stafford White/Navy Gingham L/S Dress Shirt via JC Penney-$8
Pocket Square (blazer): Michael Andrews Bespoke White/Purple Gingham via Michael Andrews Bespoke Sample Sale-$10
Pocket Square (topcoat): George White Cotton via Walmart-$3 for a pack of 6
Jeans: Gap 1969 Dark Denim via Gap-$45
Shoes: Stafford Camlin Brown Wingtip via JC Penney-$40














No comments:

Post a Comment