Saturday, November 23, 2013

My New Favorite Wallet

I wrote a couple of days ago about this fold wallet that was given to me as a gift by Pepe at Meermin Mallorca trunk show. I must admit that at first I wasn't 100% sure of how this wallet worked but once he showed me I thought it was a pretty genius way to keep really the essentials needed in your wallet. I've gone from having a bi-fold wallet to a card wallet and eventually to the J. Crew Magic wallet and all in an effort to be as minimal as possible in regards to what I carry.

I thought I had found a good balance with J. Crew Magic wallet and now although it's great I ended up adding plenty of stuff and it defeated the slimness of it. Now this isn't the wallets fault, clearly but mine.

One thing I really do love about this wallet is that it forces you to be as minimalistic as possible and makes you think about what do I really need to carry in my wallet. The wallet easily fits 4 cards (the most I've put in), and a decent amount of cash. The cards go in the middle by the tab and with the cash you just center it under the tab and fold your wallet closed. The leather used is amazingly soft and incredibly supple. Being shell cordovan it is also incredibly sturdy. Pictures of shell cordovan to me tend to indicate that the leather is almost stiff to the touch, but at least with this one it is very soft. I'm looking forward to the patina that it will develop throughout time.

Pictures below show how it looks when being used, pictures below that when I first got it:







No comments:

Post a Comment