Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Part 2, One Suit: Three Looks-Today for Work...

The Suit:
As mentioned yesterday, I want to try and demonstrate the versatility of a simple navy suit. Today, with a parent/teacher association meeting later this evening I chose to go with wearing the navy suit as well a suit. Navy again is staple color that can be pretty much worn with every possible color combination that you can think of in regards to shirts and ties. Still, the following saying comes to mind "Keep it simple, stupid." Usually this means a white shirt with a conservative tie color, still you can keep it simple and ditch the plain white shirt as I do here. Instead I went with a white shirt with a navy mini-check, as it plays on the navy of the suit and on the navy of the tie.

Mornings in NY are in the high 30s to low 40s now                     Under the pea coat

I know it's not easy to tell (iPhone pictures) but the shirt does have a mini-check in navy blue. You will also notice that although I'm using navy blue to refer to the blue hue I'm wearing, there are really 3 different types of  "navy" blues going on. At the end of the day as long as they either provide some contrast or are near the same shade you're fine. In addition, the white pocket square and silver tie bar are great accessorizes to take the look a "step above the rest."

Why wearing a navy suit with black shoes has ever been a question is besides me. Yes you can wear black shoes with a navy suit. I personally prefer brown but after seeing Wisith's entry yesterday, I was inspired to go with the black.

Always add some fun flair when you can, like with the socks, yes those are sharks. Still kept in the "blue" family though.

Details:
Suit: Calvin Klein via website-$75
Shirt: Michael Andrews Bespoke via MAB-$210
Tie: Perry Ellis Portfolio via Marshall's-$5-10 (I don't remember)
Tie Bar: No Name Alligator Type Tie Bar via eBay-$3
Socks: Unsimply Stitched via TheDailyDeal Voucher-$.50 (actually were $12 for 2 pairs but I have an $11 referral credit)
Shoes: Banana Republic via eBay-$35

No comments:

Post a Comment